5 Finger Qigong Anxiety Relief Video
This simple sitting qigong meditation is a mindfulness exercise that focuses on the breath along with basic hand postures. It is very effective for evoking calm and reducing anxiety.
Now that you have a live feel for qigong meditation, read on…
Qigong meditation techniques include mantra meditation, breathing techniques, chakra meditation, guided meditation, mindfulness and much more.
Generally there are two basic types of meditative practice:
Concentrative, requiring focus on specific objects such as mantras, breathing, imagery or colors;
Mindfulness, which does not focus on any specific purpose, nor does it attempt to manipulate or exert control over any stimuli. In mindfulness, the meditator may still use breathing or music as aids to focus the mind, but concentration precludes judgment: it involves mere non-judging awareness or acceptance of the experience as just a matter of being.
Both concentrative and mindfulness are about developing consciousness: that is, spiritual growth, self-realization and enlightenment through yoga, meditative practice and mind control.
The practices of Qigong are differentiated by four types of training: dynamic, static, meditative and activities requiring external aids.
Dynamic training involves special movement and applies to exercise such as Tai ji quan (Tai chi)
Static training requires the practitioner to hold the body in a particular posture.
Meditative training involves visualization or focus on specific ideas, sounds, images, concepts or breathing patterns.
There are also training methods that involve an external agent such as the ingestion of herbs, massages, physical manipulation or interactions with other living organisms.
A qigong system can be composed of one or more types of training.
Studies have shown that qigong can:
- Improve the quality of your sleep
- Reduce pain
- Balance your emotions
- Stabilize your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of stroke
- Increase blood flow to your brain
- Boost your energy, strength & vigor
- Extend your lifespan
- Calm and focus your mind
- Shift out of stress mode quickly and easily
- Improve your health and boost your energy
- Deepen your clarity and insight
- Let go & open to the opportunities in your life
- Find more control in your life
- Awaken to a deeper level of connection and spiritual awareness
- And more!
“Learn Qigong Meditation” is is a program designed for anyone at any level, whether you’re just starting to meditate, or you’ve practiced other meditation systems and you’re looking to deepen and expand your practice. Its a 7-week program taking you right from the start with the basics, progressively through to more advanced practices. This program puts together practical and effective techniques from the wide array that noted guru Kevin Schoeninger has researched, studied, and taught.
This course has been 15 years in the making. The techniques have been refined and the presentation simplified to give you the benefit of 3000 years of Chinese research in a program that relates to our experience of stress in Western culture today.
To wrap up, here are 3 reasons why you’ll love qigong meditation:
- You’ll Reduce Stress! The key ability you’ll discover is how to shift from a mode of stress, anxiety or tension into what I call a “core energy state” which is a state of relaxed, clear, present awareness. That’s an ability that will benefit all of us, just from a psychological or well-being standpoint.
- You’ll Enjoy Great Physical health! Qigong meditation is phenomenal for your physical health. According to Qigong theory, any illness or injury in the body is the result of a disruption or restriction of life energy flow. Qigong meditation specifically works with the pathways of life energy through the body and through the internal organs to open up a smooth Qi flow, or a smooth life energy flow through the body. The health benefits of that are phenomenal.
- You’ll Enjoy Deeper Spiritual Development! You will learn to focus clearly, concentrate your mind and develop your powers of spiritual intention by following the exercises.